Getting Ready For DTLA Photoshoot With Chachi Gonzales and World of Dance

Blog by: Russo Mutuc


Here are some behind-the-scenes photos from my latest project with Chachi Gonzales and World of Dance. Chachi is a very talented dancer, who's a celebrity from TV, and a big sensation in Youtube.

This was a last minute project that came to me, with less than two days to prepare. See previous blog from my testing to preparation.  I was scouting several locations to try and fit the clients needs. I also looked back at all the street photography, environmental, and location I've done in the last 4 years, and see if those locations were good. Finally, I proposed these locations to the client; Elysian Park and rooftop in DTLA.

In the past, I shot an adorable little girl dancing in her ballerina suit, and casual clothes in Elysian Park. I can remember the beautiful light coming in from the East, as it rose above the trees.

In the rooftop, I remember a friend who had a business in 6th and Main - DTLA. I specifically remember seeing the video they had with a bride walking up the stairs and up in the rooftop. Thanks to Diane Yutuc, with Be.NYLA for allowing us to shoot on this location. See pictures below of the location.

In my lighting, I had the Cinemills Light kit with me, along with Cinegrip tools.


Photo by Duane Than, looking from below as we worked in the rooftop
Be.NYLA location in 6th and Main - Downtown Los Angeles
View from the rooftop, one angle we used for the talent.

Youtube Video
 

The lighting kit I had brought for controlled cutting and shaping light.
Equipment:
Camera 1: Canon 5D Mark II
Camera 2: Nikon D80
Grip: Cinegrip from Cinemills
Lighting: Cinemills Light Kit

Special Thanks to:
World of Dance
Chachi Gonzales
Be.NYLA
Cinemills
Duane Than
Diane Yutuc

Updated 7/25/2012
This part of the blog is the updated content from the shoot. WOD and Chachi's team released the photos in the website, and social sites. Check out the pictures they used for their campaign. Go to WOD for more information.


 

Comments

Popular Posts