Practicing Still Life

Blog by: Russo Mutuc

Last weekend, I spent the night setting up my make-shift home studio using the very basic tools. On this photoshoot, I was practicing for a potential job that needed product photography. I was trying to brush up on my still life photorgaphy skills.

I wanted to challenge myself on this evening. I wanted to see what I can come up with with good images, using the very basic tools in lighting, background, and other simple tricks. I had used cheap Home Depot lights diffused with Ikea China Balls. For background, I had used my black bed sheet. To cut light, I had used my black pillow cases. I also used three light stands, one C-stand, foam core, clamps, and gels. The picture below was the results.


The first setup I was trying to photograph was as series of purses. I was being challenged on these types of subjects. The angles where not flowing right with the style of lighting I was trying to create. Three hours into it, I had switched into photographing a wine that was given to me as a Christmas present.

Behind the scenes on my make-shift home studio. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts