Making Movie Magic, In My Driveway.

Blog by: Russo Mutuc 

This blog post is long overdue. Our "psuedo" making movie magic was a night with many possibilities. What started out as a necessity, to fulfill an assignment, turned out to be: lighting practice and some pictures in motion.

Park the vintage car in my parking lot, and lets see what we can come up with. At least that was plan. My neighbor, Carlos, was generous enough to lend us his vintage car. He even ended up being my model/actor that night. I've always thought he looked like Wolverine from, X-Men.

Here are some portrait shots of Carlos Solorzano.


Curious to see how our behind the scenes look? It's not Hollywood, but more like, HUSTLERWOOD. The way I see it, only way to really advance in your craft is to keep learning and practicing. We made the most of our set, even with the tools we had. I was fortunate to have had rented Cinemills light kit, to help us light up the project.

The images below was taken with Samsung Galaxy SII. The actual camera I used this night was the Canon 5D Mark II.








Here are some sample videos we took that night. The camera was on the Manfrotto tripod, and on the DYI dolly I built. We had two people moving their hands across the lights to create movement in the light, and at the same time, rocking the car back-and-fort.
 

Photographer: Russo Mutuc
Assistant Photographer: Enzo Williams
MUA: Marta Bertrand Mutuc

Equipment:
Camera: Canon 5D Mark II
Lighting: Cinemills Light Kit
Cinemills Rental Light Kit
 

Comments

Popular Posts