Behind The Scenes Big Budget Photoshoot...Not!

Blog by: Russo Mutuc 

Last week I finally had the chance to photograph Elizabeth. This specific project was for my portrait class, Photo 15, with Daniel Marlos, from LACC. The criteria was for the whole class to photograph Elizabeth on our own time and come up with something creative.

The project is due this week, so I was fortunate enough to have a week before to complete this project. During the planning phases, I had mentioned to Elizabeth the ideas I had for our session. The one key point was the vintage car, which my neighbor was willing to let us use.

On the day of the shoot, Elizabeth had requested we shoot around 2pm-5pm. This put a bit of a challenge on my part, from the start, I was going to have issues with harsh light. But somehow, someway, we manage to create something fun, without having the sun ruin most of the shots.





Being the fact that this was a big budget photoshoot... not! It was really fun running around being the photographer, grip, gaffer, and assistant all-in-one. I am more impressed with the efforts I made trying to make the shots better by adding bits and pieces to the frame. Even with the challenges of the wind, heat, and one-man-team, we somehow made it work.

Here are some behind-the-scenes from the big budget photoshoot...not!! Pictures below taken with Samsung Galaxy S2.

Check out my grip equipment I used for the fancy photoshoot, from; old ladder, home fan, black blanket, bricks, milk creates, shoes to hold up the reflectors.

While shooting with the red car, my neighbor decided to surprise with another prop, the 1969 Lambretta scooter. More pictures to come on the next blog.




 

Comments

Popular Posts