On Set of Gum Commercial

Blog by: Russo Mutuc 

Last month, just before the Christmas holiday, I was on set in Highland Park. I was chasing a story for Cinemills to capture the lights in action. The Silver Bullet, one of the company's most durable and most dependable light that was lighting the way for a big gum commercial shoot. Now, I'm eager to see the actual commercial to air on national t.v. soon. I'm speculating, maybe this commercial might be a good candidate to be in the Super Bowl 2012 this year. We shall see...

In the set, I was fortunate to meet some of the industry pros. They were kind enough to show me around and watch some of the scenes that took place. While waiting, I took some shots that looked more like my style of photography, Focal Finder :)


Anytime I'm on set, my eyes are always watching how they use light. You begin to admire the hard work the production team puts together, in order to get that specific look. From what I can understand from watching, the Silver Bullet was the key light that helped give it that warm sunny look. While filming indoors at the mini market. They also used other tricks to make it look like there was moving lights that replicate moving vehicles, like a bus. In this effect, they used big mirrors, which they swayed back and forth.See image below, as the light moves across Lady Guadelupe.






Equipment:
Nikon D80 18-135 Zoom Nikkor Lens

 

Comments

Popular Posts