Walking The Streets of San Francisco [Culture and Personality]

I recently came back from San Francisco after filming for World of Dance in Vallejo Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon I had the chance to get out to the city, and capture a few images. I had a goal in mind to shoot loads of street photography, with the remaining time I had in San Francisco, and connect with the local street photographers. My original plan was to meet some of the artist and interview them on video about their work and the locations they shoot at. After WOD, I was trying my best to gather as much energy to get in the mood of shooting. Ultimately, didn't have enough time to shoot videos, instead, took a few hours to walk the city and just capture what I can get, still images. [See more FocalFinder.com ]

I was fortunate enough to get in contact with a good friend who has recently moved to the city, and had tips on places to go.

This first image below, I captured in Little Italy, there was a mini-alley event with local crafts being sold. There was soft light from the sun that was illuminating, and really blanketed the walls and the painting. 


The image below was taken in front of a restaurant. It's not one of the best photos, but my objective was to practice my psuedo journalistic approach and catch people off guard. These days, having very little time to actually shoot photography, I find myself a little more timid and soft when it comes to approaching people or capturing the raw moments. So this image helps me train my senses and capture the moment, even though it's not the most represented of. So the practice continues.

The next day, I had the privilege to use the rent-a-car to roam around the city, and explore other neighborhoods. We discovered some amazing coffee shops around Castor and Mission area. Escalated up the hills of Twin Peaks, and boarded some vintage trams.





 

Comments

Popular Posts