Distinguishing A Style

In the words of marketing talk, "why should I use you?", or "what makes you different from the rest?". For years I have been trying to define a style of photography and now motion. I knew what I like to shoot, and how to shoot it. But now, since I come across the pool of collective and saturated artist in the field, I find myself competing for work. Whereas before, it was purely for a hobby. Recently, I was asked again on those questions that makes my style stand out. Then all of a sudden it hit me. L.A., shadows, light, night shoots, angles, and investigate shoots. So from this point on, I consider my work a psuedo L.A. Noir like feel. So I guess I'm sticking to that for now. See some of my images and let me know what you think, noir or nay?

Here is an image taken by a friend, the goal was to capture me in an environment and doing some investigative work.
 

Comments

Popular Posts