I Just Got Schooled On The Physics OF K.R.U.M.P. Dance

I was recently asked by WOD ( World Of Dance ) to shoot a mini-video promo for their San Francisco event. The group we filmed was called Street Kingdom. They had been part of MTV's Americas Best Dance Crew Season 6.

Shooting the video I was the DP for the project. I had brought WOD, and the dance crew, to some of my best and secret locations within L.A. Not really a secret, but mostly places where the average Angelinos would not be hanging out at. Bringing my street photography into the film world, per say.

The video shoot was really interesting. I had known about this project two days prior, and did a little research about the crew. I noticed they would do a lot of foot stomping, so right away, I was already thinking of camera angles. I wanted to see if I can try and film them using elements (water or dirt) to enhance the look. I did some shopping and tried some new tricks for camera angles.  I will post up the outcome once the video is published on WOD Youtube channel.

This is my second shoot for talent from MTV's ABDC, see my other shoot with We Are Heroes.

Specs:
Canon 5D Mark II
f 22 ISO 1600
 


Comments

Popular Posts