L.A.’s Largest Mixer XI July 23, 2009

July 24, 2009 – A day after the event, I recently went to this event invited by the representatives of Conexion (Edgar and Jorge). This is my first time with this specific event, and in the past, I had attended study abroad fairs hosted by California universities. At first I didn’t know how it would benefit me in relations to working for a business and a non-profit. Prior to attending the event, I read the website thoroughly and tried to study what can be the angle I can learn and get from the event. As I entered the event, I was overly surprised with the volume of participation from various companies. I was thinking to myself, there must be something here representatives and attendees gain, especially, these events have been ongoing for years.
With the first few booths visited, I looked over and determined how beneficial it is for the organization I represent; Spanish for Success - Study Spanish abroad programs, Spanish for Medical – Medical Spanish programs, OTAY Group Charity – Non-profit organization. I continued onward to scope out the whole facility and tried to pin point certain business that would be a good networking potential, or possibly do business with. I then began to realize smaller businesses are the groups I would need to network with, because of the ease of communicating, and sharing ideas such as business strategies. Booth by booth, I scanned the whole facility looking for small businesses, communicating and exchanging contact information. More importantly, I was getting to know the owners, even though our business might not have direct interaction.

I finally realize the gain from this even, having networked and putting a face to other businesses, I can connect with them in the social media network. I met some real interesting people working for these companies (company here) I also managed to speak more in depth with a few of them about the non-profit organization OTAY Group Charity and how we can collaborate on future projects.

With the new networked contacts, I hope to further connect with them, perhaps share ideas on how businesses are surviving in this challenging economy in the USA. More importantly, we can now refer our services with other future clients. Overall, the event was a rewarding experience for me and the organizations I represent. I look forward to future LA Mixers.

Here are some images I took while at the event.

See my other BLOG images in Tourista Style and Blog Journalism

For information on study Spanish abroad programs in Costa Rica, Spain, Chile, and Argentina you can contact Spanish for Success. For Medical Spanish courses contact Spanish for Medical.

Comments

reading said…
The Spanish make the different role in the worlds at present every one accept the importance of the Spanish.That is really appreciable..Which one publishing in this article ,and also introduces...
spanischkurse valencia
reading said…
The Spanish must be really key off success many leaner .That the symbol of Spanish importance. spanish valencia
reading said…
You just share very incredible experience with all...Have to give the very interesting information regarding the Spain..Thanks for sharing yours experiences..
volunteer ontario canada

Popular Posts