Pros And Cons On Why I Need To Move Out Of My Current City, Los Angeles

 


It's 2022 and many people across the world are feeling the stress of life and money. As the pandemic, the whole world seems like it's trying to catch up. I have been living in Los Angeles on and off for more than 35 years. At this very point of my life, my family and I are in need of change. Change or scene and lifestyle. But in order to do that, we have to sacrifice our current blessings which is work and a home. But is all that worth saving for a new experiences. I will list below my pros and cons on why I need to move out of my city.

1) Stable job: wife works in the hospital with great benefits and is only 5 minutes from work. I work in a production studio which we create content for YouTube (lots of fun!)

2) Health Insurance: My wife's benefits cover all of us from adults to kids. I get regular checkups every few months.

3) Multi-ethnic food choices: Los Angeles is a mecca of food choices. Also all kinds of foods from different countries can be found here, especially, Mexican. 

4) Able to drive electric car and save on gas.

5) Close proximity to beach, mountains and deserts. Working in the film industry these options are critical.

6) Access to pool of talented individuals from leaders of the their industry, coaches, actors, models and educators.

7) Access to technology and communication: Having high speed data to communicate with helps streamline workflow. 


1) High rent: With all the new development many renters are getting priced out. For example, if you are looking to rent a studio (bathroom and kitchenette) You will probably average around $1500 a month. FOR A STUDIO!!!!!

2) Increase in crime: Everyday, you will hear on the news and social media some sort of crime from robberies, shootings, beatings, speeding and dying. So many people are going absolutely nuts.

3) Homelessness: The poor and living the streets have gotten violent. With so many mental health types roaming the streets and becoming violent, it's not even safe to walk in my own neighborhood. 

4) Cost of food, utilities, internet has increased.

5) Traffic: You'd think with the state having so much more people moving up - would open up the freeways, that's even the case here. What would take a 10 minute drive will end up 30 to 60 minutes. 

6) So many unhappy faces: We come across less and less happy individuals. We hardly know our neighbors as they tend to keep to themselves, even if we ask them to come over for a small gathering.

7) So many fake people: It's lame you come across so many people with hidden agendas. I have come across more individual who will not recognize you unless you have something to offer. I have lived in 3rd world countries which people have invited me to their homes - fed and sheltered me for free. Here, it's always an agenda. Or they simply ignore you even if you just wanted to say, "hi." 

8) I'm bored: I have driven and seen almost all the areas of Southern California. We find ourselves every weekend banging our heads just trying to figure out where and what we should do. Mexico is close enough, even that gets old after a while. 

In the process of possibly moving, we as a family have been weighing in the pros and cons of living or leaving Los Angeles. We are close to a decision, but it would take some funds to make it happen. Which means, we might be stuck in this situation unless passive income grows. (GIVE ME SOME LOVE AND COMMENT BELOW. OR SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0VdtVKYDAXQ5vrbdHshn8g



Comments

Popular Posts